Do you happen to possess a TomTom navigation device? If your answer to that question is ‘yes’, then it would be a good idea for you to download and install the MyTomTom application onto your navigation device (if you haven’t already done so). This is because once downloaded and installed, the MyTomTom application will make it possible for you to keep your TomTom device and maps up to date.
What downloading the MyTomTom application entails, at a glance
Downloading the MyTomTom application mainly entails going to the TomTom website (specifically to the MyTomTom page on the TomTom website), clicking to indicate that you wish to ‘Get Started’, specifying the version of MyTomTom application you wish to download – and proceeding to download the same. Once the MyTomTom application is downloaded, you install it onto the TomTom device and the software starts serving you right away, in terms of keeping the TomTom device and the maps up to date.
Things you need to have, to download the MyTomTom application
To download the MyTomTom application, you need to have a computing device that is connected to the Internet — and which meets the minimum system requirements for the specific version of MyTomTom application you wish to download. You also need to have the TomTom navigation device, onto which you would proceed to install the MyTomTom application, once you manage to download it.
The website you need to visit, to download the MyTomTom application
To download the MyTomTom application, you need to visit the TomTom website (specifically the MyTomTom page on the TomTom website). The address for the MyTomTom page/Getting Started page on the TomTom website is indicated below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
Steps you need to follow, to download the MyTomTom application
- Check in the ‘links to help you’ section below, and you will see that we have indicated the address for the MyTomTom page/Getting Started page on the TomTom website. Now enter that address (for the MyTomTom/Getting Started page of the TomTom website) into your browser, for the browser to take you to that specific page.
- When you get to the MyTomTom/Getting Started page of the TomTom website, you will first of all be required to specify your country.
- After specifying your country, click on the ‘Get Started’ button that is to be found on the screen you are transferred to.
- On the next screen, specify the version of the MyTomTom application you wish to download (by clicking on the appropriate button).
- Once the MyTomTom application is fully downloaded onto your computer, transfer and install it onto your TomTom device. The software with henceforth keep your device and maps up to date.
Links to help you
- TomTom website (MyTomTom page): http://www.tomtom.com/getstarted
- MyTomTom application download start page: https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/mytomtom/getstarted/deviceselector.jsp