Are you seeking for a job that entails handling food – like, for instance, a job at a restaurant? If your answer to that question is ‘yes’, then one thing that is likely to enhance your employability is acquisition of a food handler certificate. It can also be a good idea to obtain a food handler certificate if you are already employed somewhere where food is handled, yet you don’t have a food handler certificate. In the latter case, obtaining a food handler certificate would help you get on the right side of the law: for continuing to handle food without having a food handler certificate can eventually lead to legal problems.
What obtaining your food handler certificate online entails, at a glance
Obtaining your food handler certificate online mainly entails going to the ServSafe website, specifying your state (in order to get food handling requirements for that state), and then paying for the relevant ServSafe food handler online course and assessment. After going through the course and assessment, you can print your certificate (still from the ServSafe website), and start using it.
Things you need to have, to obtain your food handler certificate online
To obtain your food handler certificate online, you need to have access to a computing device that is connected to the Internet. You need to have enough funds to pay for the food handler certification online course and assessment.
The website you need to visit, to obtain your food handler certificate online
To obtain your Food Handler certificate online, you need to visit the ServSafe website. The address to get you to the ServSafe website is indicated below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
Steps you need to follow, to obtain your food handler certificate online
- Check in the ‘links to help you’ section below, and you will notice that we have indicated the address for the ServSafe website – which is the website where you can obtain your food handler certificate online. Now enter that address into your browser, so as to have your browser load the ServSafe website.
- When you browser loads the ServSafe website, scroll down the homepage a bit, while focusing on the right hand side of the page. There, on the right hand side (after scrolling down the page a bit), you will encounter a section entitled ‘Get Started Now’ (with an orange background). Click on the ‘Begin Training’ button within that section.
- On the next screen, select your state, by clicking on the initials for it. Then on the next screen, you will have the chance to pay for the food handler online course and assessment (as well as the other guides you may need to go through in preparation for the certification). Click on the ‘Add to Shopping Cart’ button for any of these things, in order to pay for it.
- Once you have gone through the food handler online course and assessment, you can proceed to click on the ‘Print My Certificate’ link — after which you’d be required log into the ServSafe website, and then proceed to print your food handler certificate.
Links to help you
- ServSafe website: http://www.foodhandlerusa.com
- Food handler certificate related FAQs: http://www.servsafe.com/ss/help/foodhandler/en/index.aspx