Are you a Garmin device user who is interested in knowing how you can be getting map updates for the device? If your answer to that question is ‘yes’, then please read on, as we will shortly explain how you can go about getting map updates for your Garmin device. As it turns out, the makers of Garmin devices have created software, known as Garmin Express software, which you can use to manage your Garmin device – by, among other things, getting the map updates. In this regard, the Garmin Express software effectively takes the place of nuMaps Lifetime Updater – which is what you’d previously have used to get map updates for your Garmin device. Thus, as a modern user of a Garmin device, you need to utilize the Garmin Express software, to get the map updates you need for your Garmin device.
What using Garmin Express software to get map updates entails, at a glance
Using Garmin Express software to get map updates for a Garmin device mainly entails downloading the software, installing it on the Garmin device and proceeding to register the device. Once the Garmin Express software is installed and the device registered, you can start getting all the map updates you need.
Things you need to have, to use Garmin Express software to get map updates
In order to download the Garmin Express software, you need to have access to a computing device that is connected to the Internet (and which meets the minimum system requirements for the download). You also need to have the Garmin device with you, alongside the USB cable or ANT stick needed to connect it to a computer.
The website you need to visit, to download Garmin Express software for map updates
To download the Garmin Express software so as to start getting map updates, you need to visit the Garmin website – specifically the Garmin Express page on the Garmin website. The address that previously took you to the nuMaps Lifetime Updater page now takes you to the Garmin Express software page on the Garmin website. The address you can use to get to that particular page is provided below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
Steps you need to follow, in using Garmin Express software to get map updates
- In the ‘links to help you’ section below, we have provided the address you can use to get to the Garmin Express Software page (on the Garmin website). This is the address that would previously have taken you to the nuMaps Lifetime Updater page on the Garmin website. Enter the said address, and you will be redirected to the Garmin Express Software page.
- As per the instructions on the page, connect your Garmin device to the computer, using a USB cable or a ANT stick. Then click on the appropriate link to download the software (that link is under the ‘Download & Install’ section.
- With the software downloaded and installed, as per the instructions on the Garmin Express page, open the application (on the device), and go through the motions of registering the device. Once you are through with the registration of the Garmin device, you can henceforth be using the Garmin Express software to get map updates for it.
Links to help you
- Garmin Express software page (previously nuMaps Lifetime Updater page): http://www.garmin.com/lifetimeupdater
- Garmin support online: http://www.garmin.com/us/support/