Do you work for Hilton, or one of Hilton’s subsidiaries? Are you aware that you can enjoy discounted room rates by virtue of you being a person who works for Hilton or one of its subsidiaries? The program that makes you, as someone who works for Hilton to be eligible for discounted room rates is known as the ‘Hilton Team Member and Hilton Family Travel Program’. Through that program, you can enjoy discounted rates at establishments bearing brand names such as Hilton, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Hill and Double Tree by Hilton. Other establishments where you can enjoy discounted room rates thanks to the Hilton Team Member and Hilton Family Travel Program are those bearing brand names such as Astoria Hotel and Resorts, Homewood Suites and Hampton by Hilton. The discounts that are available to people who work for Hilton and its subsidiaries through the Hilton Team Member and Hilton Family Travel program are rather huge.
What using the Hilton Team Member Travel Program entails, at a glance
Using the Hilton Team Member Travel program mainly entails confirming your work location, carrying out a search for available hotels, selecting the hotel you’d wish to stay at, making a room reservation and finally going ahead to secure your passport. Most of these are things that you get to do on the Hilton website (specifically on the page dedicated to the Team Member Travel program on the Hilton website). So you just go to that webpage, click on a ‘Begin Here’ link, and you are guided through the process. It is only the final step, of securing your passport, which may have to be done offline. That is because this step entails having to present your reservation details to your HR department or to your general manager.
Things you need to have, to use the Hilton Team Member Travel program
To use the Hilton Team Member Travel program, you need to be a bona fide Hilton team member: that is, someone who works for Hilton or one of its subsidiaries. To be able to use the program online, you need to have access to a computing device that is connected to the Internet. Only then can you visit the Hilton Team Member Travel program page (on the Hilton website) and go through the respective steps there.
The website you need to visit, to use the Hilton Team Member Travel program
To use the Hilton Team Member Travel Program, you need to visit the Hilton website (specifically the Team Member Travel Program page on the Hilton website). The address that can get you to the Team Member Travel Program page on the Hilton website is provided below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
Steps you need to follow, to use the Hilton Team Member Travel Program
- Get the application you normally use to access the Internet on your computer (that is, the browser application) running. Then once that application is up and running, enter the address for the Hilton Team Member Travel Program webpage, in order to be taken to that particular page of the Hilton website. The address in question, which can get you to the Hilton Website (Team Member Travel Program page) is provided below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
- When you get to the Hilton Website (Team Member Travel Program page), read through the instructions on how the program works. Then check toward the middle of the page, and you will see somewhere where it is conspicuously written ‘Treat yourself in the same fine accommodation and care you offer our guests every day’. Next to that is a ‘Begin Here’ link, which is set against a grey background. Click on the ‘Begin Here’ link.
- On the page that you are taken to (after clicking on the ‘Begin Here’ link on the first screen), go ahead to confirm your work location. You will then be taken through the motions of searching for available hotels. Then you will be given a chance to choose a hotel that appeals to you, and subsequently to reserve a room at that particular hotel.
- With your reservation details at hand, you will need to go ahead and secure your passport (with your HR department or general manager), in order to complete the exercise. Having done so, you will be eligible to enjoy discounted room rates, under the Hilton Team Member Travel Program, when the date you wish to travel finally arrives.
Links to help you
- Hilton Website (Team Member Travel Program page): http://www.hilton.com/tmtp
- Hilton Team Member Travel program FAQs: http://tm.hilton.com/en/tm/help/tmtp_faq.jhtml