Do you have an OfficeMax service protection plan? Or do you have an Office Depot performance protection plan? If your answer to either of these questions is ‘yes’, then you will be glad to learn that you can now manage your protection plan online. In other words, you can be in a position to file a claim online and to save your receipts online (so that you are saved from the trouble of having to deal with printed receipts, which have a tendency to fade or get torn with time). You can also be in a position to add your product care plans online. And having filed a claim, you can track it online as well. All these are things you can do on the Asurion website – thanks to the fact that Asurion is actually the company that sells the protection plans.
What managing your OfficeMax protection plan online entails, at a glance
Managing your OfficeMax protection plan online basically entails going to the Asurion website (specifically to the page for OfficeMax protection plans), and logging into your account there. Once you are logged in to your OfficeMax protection plan online, you then proceed to select the specific management task you wish to carry out – by way of clicking on the appropriate link. Thus, for instance, you can click o file a claim, to save a receipt, to track a claim, to add a product care plan… and so on.
To be able to manage your OfficeMax protection plan online though, you need to have registered the plan online/for online access. That is something you can do easily, at the OfficeMax protection plans page on the Asurion website, by clicking to indicate that you wish to ‘get started’ (if yours is an OfficeMax Service Protection plan). Alternatively, if yours is an Office Depot Performance Protection Plan, you register for online access by first clicking to indicate that you wish to ‘create an account’. Once you have registered, you’d henceforth only be required to log in, whenever you wish to manage your protection plan online.
Things you need to have, to manage your OfficeMax protection plan online
The only thing you really need to have, in order to be able to manage your OfficeMax protection plan online, is access to a device that is connected to the Internet. Of course, you also need to have bought a protection plan (the one to be managed). That could either be a Performance Protection Plan (bought from Office Depot) or a Service Protection Plan (bought from OfficeMax).
The website you need to visit, to manage your OfficeMax protection plan online
Previously, to manage your OfficeMax protection plan, you need to visit the Product-Assist website. Nowadays though, you need to visit the Asurion website, to manage your OfficeMax protection plan. Nonetheless, you can still use the old Product-Assist website address (which is provided below), and it will redirect you to the right page on the Asurion website.
Steps you need to follow, to manage your OfficeMax protection plan online
- Launch your browser. Then enter the address for the Product-Assist website, which will redirect to the Asurion website (specifically to the OfficeMax protection plans page on the Asurion website).
- Upon getting to the protection plans page on the Asurion website, you will first of all be required to select the vendor from whom you bought the protection plan: which could either be Office Depot or OfficeMax.
- If you click to indicate that you bought the plan from Office Depot, you will be taken to the Office Depot Performance Protection Plans webpage. There you will need to sign in, in order to carry out whatever management tasks you are interested in. If you haven’t registered to manage the protection plan online, click on the green-colored ‘create an account’ button, and fill in the required details, in order to register.
- If, on the other hand, you click to indicate that you bought the plan from OfficeMax, you will betaken to the OfficeMax Service Protection plans webpage. There you will need to login by clicking on the ‘Login’ button on the top right hand corner, and providing the required login credentials. If you haven’t registered to manage the protection plan online in this case, click on the orange-colored ‘get started’ button, and fill in the required details, in order to register.
Links to help you
- OfficeMax protection plans (Product-Assist) website: http://www.productassist.com/officemax/