Would you like to know how to go about setting up your Roku player online? In other words, you like to know how to go about linking your Roku player to an online Roku account, in order to start streaming content? If your answers to these questions are in the affirmative, then read on: as we will shortly explain to you how to set up a Roku player online. The whole procedure is actually easy, and it should ordinarily take you no more than five minutes. At the end of it all, you will have created a link between your Roku player (the hardware piece) and your online Roku account. And if you don’t have a Roku account, you will be given a chance to create one in the process. Then, having gone through this procedure, you will subsequently be able to stream and enjoy content from the Internet through your Roku player.
What setting up your Roku player online entails, at a glance
Setting up your Roku player online mainly entails connecting the Roku player to a TV, obtaining a link code from the TV screen (once the TV is connected to the Roku player) and then proceeding to enter that code into the Roku website. Upon entering the code into the Roku website, you are given a chance to link the Roku player to your existing Roku account. Alternatively, if you don’t have an existing Roku account, you can create a new one — and then link the player to that new account.
Things you need to have, when setting up your Roku player online
You firstly need to have access to a computing device that is connected to the Internet. With this, you can connect to the Roku website, and carry out the set up there. Then you need to have the Roku player and a TV (that is, the TV to which you will connect the Roku player). With these, you will be able to obtain the link code, which is essential in the process of setting up your Roku player online.
The website you need to visit, to set up your Roku player online
To set up your Roku player online, you need to visit the Roku website. The address you can use to get to the Roku website is provided below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
Steps you need to follow, to set up your Roku player online
- Connect your Roku player to the TV and if it is the first time you are doing so, it will give you an activation code. The code in question will appear on your TV screen, with instructions on the webpage you need to visit (and enter the code), in order to complete the activation.
- Armed with the activation code, launch the browser application on your computer. Then, using the address provided below in the ‘links to help you’ section, go to the account linkage page on the Roku website (that is, the ‘Link a Device’ page on the Roku website).
- Upon getting to the ‘Link a Device’ page on the Roku website, enter the code you obtained in the first step – that is, when you first connected your Roku player to your TV. Then click on the ‘submit’ button.
- On the next page, specify whether you have a Roku account or not. If you already have one, you will be given a chance to sign into that account, and then link your Roku player to it. If you don’t have a Roku account, you will be given a chance to create one, and then link your Roku player to it. After that, you can start streaming and enjoying content through your new Roku player.
Links to help you
- Roku online set page (‘Link a Device’ page): http://www.roku.com/link
- Roku support online: http://support.roku.com/