Do you wish to make an application for Scottish Power online? If your answer to that question is ‘yes’, then we will explain to you how you can go about that process, of making an application for Scottish Power online. The Scottish Power company is involved in the distribution of gas and electricity. In days gone by, people who were keen on getting electricity and/or gas from the Scottish Power company would have to make their applications manually: that is, by filling in and submitting paper forms. Nowadays though, it is possible to apply for Scottish Power online.
What making an application for Scottish Power online entails, at a glance
Making an application for Scottish Power online mainly entails going to the website of the Scottish Power company, and providing a few basic details, in order to get a quote there. Once you get a quote, you can proceed to make the necessary payments, in order to complete the application.
Things you need to have, when making an application for Scottish Power online
The only thing that you really need to have, when seeking to make an application for Scottish Power online, is access to a computing device that is connected to the Internet. Of course, you also need to have, at your fingertips, the details to fill in, during the course of your application. These include details about the place where you wish to get electricity or gas to (such as the postal code and the size of the place), as well as payment details.
The website you need to visit, to make an application for Scottish Power online
To make an application for gas and/or electricity, you need to visit the website of the Scottish Power company. The address you can use, to get to the website of the Scottish Power company is provided below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
Steps you need to follow, to make an application for Scottish Power online
- Get your browser running, and then enter the address for the Scottish Power company’s website into the browser, in order to be taken to that particular website.
- Once you get to the website of the Scottish Power company, focus your eyes on the right hand side, and you will see a section titled ‘Get a Quote’. As required, within that section, enter your postal code (at the top of the box). Then fill in details about your property: such as the number of bedrooms, people living in the property and the type of property it is. Finally, click on the ‘Get a Quote Now’ button.
- On the page that you are taken to, select a tariff. Then on the next page, add your energy options by clicking on the respective energy options (if you wish to do so). Then click on the ‘continue’ button which is at the bottom of the section titled ‘Your Energy Basket’ — on the right hand side.
- Eventually, you will be required to confirm your address, enter payment details and confirm the entire application.
Links to help you
- Scottish Power Company website: http://www.scottishpower.co.uk