Have you had the opportunity to visit and eat at one of Subway’s restaurants in the recent past – that is, within the last 30 days? Did you keep the Subway receipt obtained during your visit? If your answers to both of these questions are in the affirmative, then you have all that is required for you to participate in the Subway customer survey. That is because you just need to have eaten at a Subway restaurant within the last 30 days, and to have kept your Subway receipt, for you to be an eligible participant in the survey. The Subway customer survey should take just about one (1) minute, and through it, you get to give feedback to the Subway management about your experience. For the trouble (of spending just about one minute on the Tell Subway survey), you earn yourself a free cookie.
What taking part in the Subway customer survey entails, at a glance
Taking part in the Subway customer survey mainly entails making a brief visit to the site where Subway conducts the survey, and providing candid responses to the (very) few survey questions that are there. The Subway customer survey is designed to take just about one (1) single minute!
Things you need to have, to take part in the Subway customer survey
To take part in the Subway customer survey, you need to have a Subway receipt – a recent Subway receipt, obtained within the last 30 days. You also need to have an email address, given the fact that it is through the email address you enter that Subway will send you a ‘thank you code’ (which you’d then use to get your free cookie). Then you need to have access to a computing device that has a browser installed and is connected to the Internet.
The website you need to visit, to take part in the Subway customer survey
To take part in the Subway customer survey, you need to visit the website where Subway carries out this particular survey, also known as the Tell Subway survey site.
Steps you need to follow, to take part in the Subway customer survey
- Get the browser on your computing device running. Then enter the address for the Tell Subway survey site into the browser, so as to be transferred to the Tell Subway survey site in question. That address, which can get you to the Tell Subway survey site, is provided below in the ‘links to help you’ section.
- When you get to the Tell Subway survey site, enter the Subway store number (as indicated on your Subway receipt). Then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- When the actual Subway customer survey starts, respond candidly to the questions that constitute the survey, and within one (1) short minute, you should be through with the exercise. Then you will be eligible to receive a free cookie from Subway, as a token of appreciation for your participation in the company’s online survey. To actually get the cookie, you will need to fill in the ‘Thank You’ reward code (that will be sent to your email address) into the space provided for it on your survey invitation.
Links to help you
- Subway customer survey site: http://www.tellsubway.com
- Subway customer survey Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.tellsubway.com/ContentManager/Controller.aspx?page=CustomerExperience/tellsubway_FAQ