Are you looking for a job? Does the idea of working for the United States Postal Service (USPS) appeal to you – especially keeping it in mind that the USPS is a major employer, and chances of getting a job there are high? If your answers to these questions are in the affirmative, then you need to consider applying for USPS employment online.
What applying for USPS employment entails, at a glance
Applying for USPS employment online mainly entails going to the USPS website (specifically to the careers page), initiating a search for available job openings — and then going ahead to apply for the position(s) that interest you.
Things you need to have, to apply for USPS employment
To apply for USPS employment, you need to have created an account on the USPS careers portal. That’s because you will have to be logged into the USPS careers portal, for you to actually apply for a position. You need to meet the minimum requirements for the jobs you will be trying to apply for, at the United States Postal Service. And you also need to have access to a computing device that is connected to the Internet to apply for USPS employment online.
The website you need to visit, to apply for USPS employment
To apply for USPS employment, you need to visit the USPS website (specifically the careers page on the USPS website). The address that can get you to the careers page on the USPS website is provided below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
Steps you need to follow, to apply for USPS employment
- Check in the ‘links to help you’ section below, and you will see that we have provided the address for the USPS website (specifically for the careers page on the USPS website). Now enter that address into your browser, for you to be transferred to the USPS website’s careers page.
- When you get to the careers page on the USPS website, focus your attention on the right hand side: where towards the middle of the right hand side, there is a ‘Search Now’ button (under the ‘Search Open Jobs’ section). Click on the ‘Search Now’ button.
- On the screen that you are taken to, after clicking on the ‘search now’ button, define a search criterion: by entering keywords for the job you want, the location you’d like to work at and the functional area. You can leave some of these fields blank (or indeed to you can leave all the fields blank) to widen the search. When you are through with this, click on the ‘Start’ button.
- When search results are returned to you, click on the link for any job that interests you, and instantly, a pop-up window will appear for that particular job opening (unless you have blocked pop-ups on your computer). Click on the ‘Apply’ button within the pop-up window for any given job, and you will be required to log into the USPS careers portal if you hadn’t already done so. Then, once logged in to the USPS careers portal, you can proceed to apply for the job that interests you.
Links to help you
- USPS website (careers page): http://www.usps.com/employment/
- Applying for a job at USPS info: http://about.usps.com/careers/applying-for-a-job-at-usps.pdf