Would you like to apply for a job at a company that employs many people – a company where you indeed have a reasonable chance of actually being hired? Does the idea of working for the world’s biggest retailer appeal to you? If your answers to these questions are in the affirmative, then you should consider applying for a job at Walmart. Walmart is known to be one of the biggest employers in the world. It is also widely regarded as one of the easier places to get a job. Therefore, when making an application for a Walmart job online, you do so knowing that there is a good probability of you actually getting hired, if you have the right qualifications. And if you do get hired, you know that you would be working for a strong company, where there is reasonable job security for the duration you will be there.
What applying for a Walmart job online entails, at a glance
Applying for a Walmart job online mainly entails going to the careers page on the Walmart website, searching or browsing through the jobs listed there, and ultimately applying for the ones that interest you. At almost any given point in time, there are likely to be lots of jobs available to be applied for on the careers page of the Walmart website.
Things you need to have, when applying for a Walmart job online
When applying for a Walmart job online, you need to have an account on the Walmart careers site. That is because you will need to be logged into the Walmart careers portal, for you to actually apply for a job there. Granted, you can search for a job without being logged in — but when it comes to the actual application, you need to be logged in. For that reason, you need to have an account on the Walmart careers portal. Then you need to meet the minimum requirements, in terms of things like qualifications and experience, for the specific Walmart job opening(s) you will be applying for. To apply online, you also need to have access to a computing device that is connected to the Internet.
The website you need to visit, to apply for a Walmart job online
To apply for a Walmart job online, you need to visit the Walmart website – specifically the careers page on the Walmart website. The address that can get you to the said careers page on the Walmart website is provided below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
Steps you need to follow, to apply for a Walmart job online
- Get your browser application up and running. Then enter the address for the careers page of the Walmart website into the browser application, so as to be taken to that page. That address, for the careers page of the Walmart website, is provided below in the ‘links to help you’ section.
- When you get to the careers page of the Walmart website, you can opt to either search for a job there, or to browse through the jobs listed there. To search for a job, click on the ‘Search Jobs’ link from the main menu at the top. Then from the drop down menu that appears when you click on ‘search jobs’, click on the link for the type of job search you wish to conduct. Then towards the top of the page, specify the kind of job you wish to search for, the location you are interested in working at and specify a category. (You can opt to leave the various fields blank, if you want to broaden your search). Then hit the ‘enter’ key on your keyboard, and search results will be returned.
- Click on the link for any of the jobs on the search results. Read through the details for that job, and then click on the ‘Apply’ link at the bottom of the description page for the job. Next, you will be required to log into the Walmart careers portal, in order to make an application.
- On the other hand, to browse for the jobs that are available, click on the ‘Career Areas’ link from the main menu. Then from the drop down options box that appears when you click on ‘Career Areas’, click on the specific career area you are interested in. On the page that you are taken to, read more about the career area you selected. Then click on the appropriate link ‘to learn more about that career area’ or ‘to search for all jobs in that career area’.
- On the available job openings page that you are ultimately taken to (for the specific career area you clicked on), go ahead and click on the link for the particular job that interests you. Read more about that specific job on the page that you are taken, upon clicking on the link for it. Then click on the ‘Apply’ button at the bottom of the job description page for that particular opening. As required thereafter (after clicking on the ‘Apply’ button for a specific job), log into the Walmart careers portal, in order to actually apply for the job.
Links to help you
- Walmart careers: http://www.walmart.com/careers