Are you someone who is searching for a job? If your answer to that question is ‘yes’, then you need to consider enlisting the help of the Monster.com website in your job search. Monster.com is one of the most highly regarded job search websites. It is a site through which you can quite easily find an exciting job: whether you are jobless person seeking to get gainfully employed, or a person who is already employed but seeking for greener pastures.
What getting a job through Monster.com entails, at a glance
Getting a job through Monster.com mainly entails going to the Monster.com website, and either initializing a search for the jobs listed on the site (by entering the relevant keywords and preferred location) or simply browsing through the jobs that have been posted on the site. There is also the option of posting your resume on the Monster.com website, so as to have employers looking for workers to find it there and possibly contact you with job offers.
Things you need to have, to get a job through Monster.com
To get a job through Monster.com, you need to have access to a computing device that is connected to the Internet. You also need to have created some sort of resume.
The website you need to visit, to get an exciting job online
To get an exiting job online, you need to visit the Monster.com website. The address that can take you to the Monster.com website is indicated below, in the ‘links to help you’ section.
Steps you need to follow, to get a job through Monster.com
- Check in the ‘links to help you’ section below, and you will notice that we have indicated the address for the Monster.com website. Now enter that address into your browser’s address bar and hit the ‘enter’ key on your keyboard, for the browser to take you to the Monster.com website.
- When you get to the Monster.com website, focus your attention on the top of the homepage: where you will see a text entry box with placeholder words saying ‘Search for jobs’. Enter the keywords for the kind of job you are looking for into that text box. Then in the next text entry box, enter your preferred work location. After doing so, click on the ‘Search’ button. Monster.com will then return search results, made up of available job openings.
- Go through the search results that are returned, and click on the ones that appeal to you. For every job search result link you click on, you will be taken to a page with more information about that particular job opening. Read through the details, to understand what the job is all about. Then click on the ‘Apply’ or ‘Apply Online’ button, and you will be taken to a screen where you can initiate the application for that particular job.
- Alternatively, when you get to the Monster.com website homepage, roll your mouse over the ‘Jobs’ link (which is found on the main menu at the top, towards the top left hand corner). After rolling your mouse on the ‘Jobs’ link, a drop down menu will appear below. From that drop down menu, click on the ‘browse jobs’ link.
- On the screen that you are taken to after clicking on the ‘browse jobs’ link, you will see somewhere written ‘Browse jobs by’ – enter a criterion there, and the relevant job openings will be availed to you. Once that happens, click on the link for any job opening that appeals to you, and you will be taken to a page with more details on that particular job. On the job details page for any particular job, click on the ‘Apply’ or ‘Apply Online’ button, in order to get a chance to render an application.
- There is yet still the option of posting your resume on the Monster.com website, so as to have prospective employers contact you with job offers. Upon getting to the Monster.com website homepage, roll your mouse over the ‘Resume’ link on the main menu towards the top left hand corner of the homepage.
- When you roll your mouse over ‘Resume’ a drop down menu appears below. From that drop down menu, click on the ‘Post a Resume’ link. Then go through the motions of uploading a resume to the Monster.com website in the subsequent screens. With your resume on Monster.con, it may be found by potential employer, who could then contact you with job offers.
Links to help you
- Monster.com website: http://www.monster.com
- Monster.com browse jobs start page: http://jobsearch.monster.com/browse/
- Monster.com resume upload start page: http://resume.monster.com/